Black Male Kirk Solomon Sentenced to Life
Thursday, 12 January 2012
Kirk Solomon, a Houston County man was sentenced today to two life sentences today plus an additional twenty years consecutive for two violent home invasion robberies that occurred in August, 2011. Superior Court Judge George F. Nunn sentenced Kirk Solomon to serve life imprisonment each for two counts of armed robbery. Solomon was also sentenced to serve an additional ten years each for two counts of kidnapping, and an additional ten years consecutive for the offenses of Theft by Taking of a Motor Vehicle and Aggravated Assault.
On August 16, 2011, Solomon broke into a residence on Lake Placid Rd. and robbed the homeowner at gunpoint. He violently dragged the victim throughout her house looking for items to steal. Solomon tied the victim up with phone cords and forced her into a bedroom closet. He then took her car keys and left in her car, threatening to kill her if she called the police. The case was investigated by the Houston County Sheriff's Department.
Later, on August 25, Solomon broke into another residence on Holly Street and robbed that resident at gunpoint as well. Solomon threatened to kill the victim and forced her throughout the house demanding money, jewelry, and other items. He tied the victim up with phone cords and threatened her life, before stealing her car as well. The car was spotted soon after by officers of the Warner Robins Police Department who immediately apprehended Mr. Solomon.
District Attorney George H. Hartwig prosecuted this case and commented on the two life plus twenty years sentences that Solomon received."Any home invasion is a frightening violation of a person's safety and well being, but to compound it with the violence that Solomon used is inexcusable.
To rob a person at gunpoint in his own home and then tie him up and force him into a closet is an especially heinous act that warrants the stiffest punishment possible. I congratulate the officers of both the Houston County Sheriff's Department and the Warner Robins Police Department for their thorough investigation which got Solomon off the street and into prison for the rest of his life where he belongs."
In addition to having to serve the life sentences plus the consecutive twenty years (ten of which will be served on probation), Solomon was ordered to pay a $5000 fine as well as $2000 in restitution to the victims. The sentences will be served concurrent to the 100 years Solomon is currently serving for violating his probation when he committed these new offenses. District Attorney Hartwig prosecuted Solomon for these violations as well and recommended that Judge Nunn impose the 100 year sentence.
Any questions regarding this case can be directed to the Houston District Attorney's Office at 478-218-4810.
- Feral Black Males Wreak Havoc at Waffle House Restaurants
- Haitian Criminal Murders Three after being freed from Deportation
- Five Black Males Accused of Slashing the Throats of White Family
- Waffle House Shooting of Black Male Reginald Smith by Police Justified
- Feral Black Male on Trial in Saginaw Denny's Shooting
- Black Crime Profile in Houston County Georgia
- About Houston County, Georgia
- Feral Black Male Carjacks 87-Year-Old Woman, Sentenced to Life
- Black Male Breaks Probation, Quickly Returned to Jail
- Black Male Johnny Thomas sentenced to 10 years for possession
- Black Male Lester Efford Sentenced to 15 years for Drug Peddling
- Black Male Thomas Alvin Taylor Sentenced to 45 Years for Drug Trafficking
- Black Male Craig R. Rembert Sentenced to 20 Years for Armed Robbery
- Black Male Juan Miquell Hollis Sentenced to 16 Years Without Parole
- Black Male Jerry Griffin Sentenced to serve 25 years without parole
- Black Male Joshua Williams Sentenced to 20 Years for Burglary, Assault
- Black Male Tony Martin Sentenced to 20 years for Burglary
- Black Male's Rampage Results in 40 Year Sentence
- Black Male David Anderson Sentenced to 20 Years for Aggravated Assault
- Black Male Sentenced to 50 Years Without Parole for Child Abuse
- Violent Black Male Gets 45 Years in Houston County, Georgia
- Black Male Kirk Solomon Sentenced to Life
- 997 Oxycodone Tablets Earn White Male William Upton 9 Years
- Black Male Marquis Lowe Sentenced to Life Without Parole for Murder