William T. Upton
997 Oxycodone Tablets Gets William Upton 9 Years
Tuesday, 15 March 2011: William T. Upton, 53, of Independence, KY pleaded guilty today in Houston Superior Court to Possession of Oxycodone with Intent to Distribute.
Upton was sentenced to Twenty (20) years and ordered to serve nine (9) of those years in prison. In addition to the prison time, Upton was also banished from Houston County and all contiguous counties for the next 20 years and will be subject to drug testing, treatment, and warrantless searches upon release from prison. Upton possessed 997 oxycodone tablets when he was arrested on July 15, 2010 by the Perry Police Department during a traffic stop on I-75 North.
The estimated street value of the 997 oxycodone 30mg tablets seized is $29,910.00. Officer Jason Jones of the Perry Police Department discovered the contraband wrapped in duct tape, cellophane, and latex. Upton had prior convictions for Trafficking LSD and Conspiracy to Distribute Cocaine. Upton and his co-defendant, Stephanie Biddle, made round trips from Kentucky to Florida to transport narcotics. Charges remain pending against Biddle.
COMMENTS FROM DISTRICT ATTORNEY GEORGE HARTWIG: "Upton's criminal history reveals a serial distributor of large quantities of controlled substances. In this case, he used his young niece, Stephanie Biddle, as a chauffeur. Drug distribution networks take a significant toll on our community. When you illegally transport drugs on Houston County roads, there will be a hefty toll to pay."
The sentence was imposed by Judge George F. Nunn on the morning of the Ides of March. Upton was prosecuted by Assistant District Attorney Steve M. Cusick. Upton was represented by Attorney Pattie Williams. For additional information, call ADA Steve Cusick @ 478-218-4810.
- Feral Black Males Wreak Havoc at Waffle House Restaurants
- Haitian Criminal Murders Three after being freed from Deportation
- Five Black Males Accused of Slashing the Throats of White Family
- Waffle House Shooting of Black Male Reginald Smith by Police Justified
- Feral Black Male on Trial in Saginaw Denny's Shooting
- Black Crime Profile in Houston County Georgia
- About Houston County, Georgia
- Feral Black Male Carjacks 87-Year-Old Woman, Sentenced to Life
- Black Male Breaks Probation, Quickly Returned to Jail
- Black Male Johnny Thomas sentenced to 10 years for possession
- Black Male Lester Efford Sentenced to 15 years for Drug Peddling
- Black Male Thomas Alvin Taylor Sentenced to 45 Years for Drug Trafficking
- Black Male Craig R. Rembert Sentenced to 20 Years for Armed Robbery
- Black Male Juan Miquell Hollis Sentenced to 16 Years Without Parole
- Black Male Jerry Griffin Sentenced to serve 25 years without parole
- Black Male Joshua Williams Sentenced to 20 Years for Burglary, Assault
- Black Male Tony Martin Sentenced to 20 years for Burglary
- Black Male's Rampage Results in 40 Year Sentence
- Black Male David Anderson Sentenced to 20 Years for Aggravated Assault
- Black Male Sentenced to 50 Years Without Parole for Child Abuse
- Violent Black Male Gets 45 Years in Houston County, Georgia
- Black Male Kirk Solomon Sentenced to Life
- 997 Oxycodone Tablets Earn White Male William Upton 9 Years
- Black Male Marquis Lowe Sentenced to Life Without Parole for Murder