George H. Hartwig, District Attorney
About Houston County, Georgia
Houston County is a county located in central Georgia. It was created on May 15, 1821, as one of five huge counties, later reduced in the formation of Bibb, Crawford, Pike, Macon and Peach counties. As of the 2010 census, the population is 139,900. Explosive growth in the county is evident. This makes Houston County the fastest growing county in Georgia not within Atlanta's CSA. Its county seat is Perry.
It is part of the Warner Robins, Georgia Metropolitan Statistical Area. The county is named not after the familiar Texas military hero but rather after Georgia governor John Houstoun (who used that spelling during his lifetime).
As of the census of 2000, there were 110,765 people. The racial makeup of the county was 70.57% White, 24.76% Black or African American, 3% Hispanic.
The median income for a household in the county was $43,638, and the median income for a family was $50,384. Males had a median income of $36,031 versus $25,537 for females. As of 2006, the per capita income for the county was $29,525. About 8.40% of families and 10.20% of the population were below the poverty line, including 14.30% of those under age 18 and 9.50% of those age 65 or over. Ref. Wiki.
My interest in Houston County came about in researching violent crimes (shootings) at the nation's Waffle Houses. This came about when a feral make shot a women he never met at a Kingsport Tennessee Waffle on New Years 2012. In the case of Houston County a feral black male threatened to open fire on a crowd at their local Waffle House and had to be killed by police. The police were justified in their actions.
In every case of shooting at Waffle Houses where I could identify the shooter they have been black males. By all appearances Houston County seems fairly affluent (as was Kingsport Tennessee) yet by public records obtained online show that vast majority of violent crime in Houston County (like almost everywhere else with a sizable black population) is committed by black males. Blacks are about one-fourth of the population, but commit over 90 percent of the violent crime.
In Southwest Virginia we have few blacks, but a very large impoverished white population and more than double the poverty rates of Houston County, GA. Yet even here with a black population of about 5% they still account for a disproportionate amount of crime. So before someone wants to claim racism in Houston County (I don't buy it) or it's because of black poverty, then explain why poor whites don't engage in such behavior.
DA George Hartwig joined the Houston DA's Office in July 2001 and was elected into the position of District Attorney in 2010. I salute the man for the fine job he has done.
- Racial Inequality at the US Postal Service
- Why Blacks Over Rely on Government Jobs
- Asian Discrimination in Fairfax County Virginia
- Affirmative Action Fails Unqualified Minorities
- Crime Profile in Houston County Georgia
- About Houston County, Georgia
- Feral Black Male Carjacks 87-Year-Old Woman, Sentenced to Life
- Black Male Breaks Probation, Quickly Returned to Jail
- Black Male Johnny Thomas sentenced to 10 years for possession
- Black Male Lester Efford Sentenced to 15 years for Drug Peddling
- Black Male Thomas Alvin Taylor Sentenced to 45 Years for Drug Trafficking
- Black Male Craig R. Rembert Sentenced to 20 Years for Armed Robbery
- Black Male Juan Miquell Hollis Sentenced to 16 Years Without Parole
- Black Male Jerry Griffin Sentenced to serve 25 years without parole
- Black Male Joshua Williams Sentenced to 20 Years for Burglary, Assault
- Black Male Tony Martin Sentenced to 20 years for Burglary
- Black Male's Rampage Results in 40 Year Sentence
- Black Male David Anderson Sentenced to 20 Years for Aggravated Assault
- Black Male Sentenced to 50 Years Without Parole for Child Abuse
- Violent Black Male Gets 45 Years in Houston County, Georgia
- Black Male Kirk Solomon Sentenced to Life
- 997 Oxycodone Tablets Earn White Male William Upton 9 Years
- Black Male Marquis Lowe Sentenced to Life Without Parole for Murder
The following are gateway pages to my three websites.
- Off Site:
- Web Master
- Tri-Cities VA-TN
- General Science
- Hobby Electronics
- US Constitution
- Christianity 101
- Religious Themes
- Guestbook Archive
Web site Copyright Lewis Loflin, All rights reserved.
If using this material on another site, please provide a link back to my site.