Joshua Omari Williams
Black Male Joshua Williams Sentenced to 20 Years for Burglary, Assault
Friday, 13 May 2011: Joshua Omari Williams, age 20, pleaded guilty today in Houston Superior Court to one count Burglary and one count Aggravated Assault. Williams' trial on these charges was scheduled for next week with jury selection to begin Monday. Judge Edward D. Lukemire sentenced Williams to Twenty (20) years and ordered that he serve Ten (10) years in prison.
In addition, Williams was given a $1,000.00 fine, was ordered to obtain a GED, was ordered to have no contact with the victims of the crimes, and was ordered to pay restitution to the victim in the amount of $500.00. Williams had no prior felony convictions and was therefore sentenced as a "first offender" under Georgia Code section 42-8-60.
The charges in this case stem from a March 22, 2010, incident wherein Williams and another unidentified subject carried out an armed home invasion at a residence in the 100 block of Springfield Court in Perry, GA. During the burglary, there were people present in the home, and the unidentified perpetrator was armed with a handgun.
Both subjects fled with the victim's Play Station 3 and X-Box as well as other items. Witnesses picked Williams out of a photo line-up, and police later recovered stolen items at his home.
Joshua Williams was prosecuted by Houston District Attorney George Hartwig. Williams was represented by Houston County Public Defender Nicholas White.
COMMENTS FROM DA HARTWIG: "Fortunately, none of the home's occupants were hurt during this incident. The Perry Police Department, particularly Lt. Ken Ezell, did an outstanding job responding to and investigating this crime. Violent crimes such as this will not go unpunished in Houston County. My office will continue to seek a full measure of justice for the people of Houston County."
- Blacks Turn Waffle House Restaurants into War Zones
- Waffle House Shooting of Reginald Smith by Police Justified
- Black Male on Trial in Saginaw Denny's Shooting
- About Houston County, Georgia
- Foreign Students Pushing American Students Out of College
- Haitian Criminal Murders Three after being freed from Deportation
- Five Black Males Accused of Slashing the Throats of White Family
- Black Male Carjacks 87-Year-Old Woman, Sentenced to Life
- Black Male Breaks Probation, Quickly Returned to Jail
- Johnny Thomas sentenced to 10 years for possession
- Lester Efford Sentenced to 15 years for Drug Peddling
- Thomas Alvin Taylor Sentenced to 45 Years for Drug Trafficking
- Craig R. Rembert Sentenced to 20 Years for Armed Robbery
- Juan Miquell Hollis Sentenced to 16 Years Without Parole
- Jerry Griffin Sentenced to serve 25 years without parole
- Joshua Williams Sentenced to 20 Years for Burglary, Assault
- Tony Martin Sentenced to 20 years for Burglary
- Black Male's Rampage Results in 40 Year Sentence
- David Anderson Sentenced to 20 Years for Aggravated Assault
- Black Male Sentenced to 50 Years Without Parole for Child Abuse
- Violent Black Male Gets 45 Years in Houston County, Georgia
- Kirk Solomon Sentenced to Life
- 997 Oxycodone Tablets Earn White Male William Upton 9 Years
- Marquis Lowe Sentenced to Life Without Parole for Murder