Joshua Omari Williams
Black Male Joshua Williams Sentenced to 20 Years for Burglary, Assault
Friday, 13 May 2011: Joshua Omari Williams, age 20, pleaded guilty today in Houston Superior Court to one count Burglary and one count Aggravated Assault. Williams' trial on these charges was scheduled for next week with jury selection to begin Monday. Judge Edward D. Lukemire sentenced Williams to Twenty (20) years and ordered that he serve Ten (10) years in prison.
In addition, Williams was given a $1,000.00 fine, was ordered to obtain a GED, was ordered to have no contact with the victims of the crimes, and was ordered to pay restitution to the victim in the amount of $500.00. Williams had no prior felony convictions and was therefore sentenced as a "first offender" under Georgia Code section 42-8-60.
The charges in this case stem from a March 22, 2010, incident wherein Williams and another unidentified subject carried out an armed home invasion at a residence in the 100 block of Springfield Court in Perry, GA. During the burglary, there were people present in the home, and the unidentified perpetrator was armed with a handgun.
Both subjects fled with the victim's Play Station 3 and X-Box as well as other items. Witnesses picked Williams out of a photo line-up, and police later recovered stolen items at his home.
Joshua Williams was prosecuted by Houston District Attorney George Hartwig. Williams was represented by Houston County Public Defender Nicholas White.
COMMENTS FROM DA HARTWIG: "Fortunately, none of the home's occupants were hurt during this incident. The Perry Police Department, particularly Lt. Ken Ezell, did an outstanding job responding to and investigating this crime. Violent crimes such as this will not go unpunished in Houston County. My office will continue to seek a full measure of justice for the people of Houston County."
- Origins U.S. Constitution
- Illegal Immigration Crime Invades East Tennessee
- What is Gnostic Demiurge?
- Murdering Mother Hidden Face of Honor Killing
- Apostle Paul Founder of Christianity
- An Overview of Gnosticism and the Bible
- What is New Age Religion?
- Classical Deism a Primer
- Parallel Betrayals Iranian Revolution and Arab Spring
- Nicene Creed and Truth about the Trinity
- Foreign Students Pushing American Students Out of College
- Haitian Criminal Murders Three after being freed from Deportation
- Five Black Males Accused of Slashing the Throats of White Family
- Feral Black Males Wreak Havoc at Waffle House Restaurants
- About Houston County, Georgia