Johnny Thomas Jr.
Johnny Thomas Sentenced to 10 Years
Tuesday, 24 May 2011: Johnny Thomas Jr., 43, of Perry, GA was found guilty in Houston Superior Court to Possession of Hydrocodone and Possession of Codeine and Drugs Not in Original Container on Monday, May 23, 2011. The jury convicted Thomas of all counts.
Because Thomas had previous felony convictions, he was sentenced to ten (10) years and ordered to serve seven (7) of those years in prison without the possibility of parole. In addition to the prison time, Thomas was also banished from Houston County upon his release.
At approximately 3 am on September 8, 2009, Officer Jason Jones of the Perry Police Department found Thomas in front of a local business which was closed. Suspicious of this behavior, Officer Jones approached the defendant.
Thomas was found to have approximately 30 loose pain pills in his pockets. Thomas did not have a valid prescription for the two different drugs in his possession. Also in his possession were two razors.
Comments from Assistant District Attorney Jacob W. Poole: "Prescription pain pills are addictive, abused, and extremely dangerous when used inappropriately. Illegal use, possession, and distribution of pain killers will not be tolerated in Houston County."
Comments from District Attorney George H. Hartwig: "Drugs and drug crimes continue to play a large role in the commission of other crimes in Houston County. Drugs can be linked to property crimes, identity thefts, personal crimes, and, of course, violence. We will strive to protect the citizens of this county by continuing to pursue all levels of drug crime activity."
The sentence was imposed by Judge Edward D. Lukemire on the afternoon of May 23.
Thomas was prosecuted by Assistant District Attorney Jacob W. Poole. Thomas was represented by Attorney Joshua Morrison with the Public Defender's Office. For additional information, call ADA Jacob W. Poole at 478-218-4810.
- Origins U.S. Constitution
- Illegal Immigration Crime Invades East Tennessee
- What is Gnostic Demiurge?
- Murdering Mother Hidden Face of Honor Killing
- Apostle Paul Founder of Christianity
- An Overview of Gnosticism and the Bible
- What is New Age Religion?
- Classical Deism a Primer
- Parallel Betrayals Iranian Revolution and Arab Spring
- Nicene Creed and Truth about the Trinity
- Foreign Students Pushing American Students Out of College
- Haitian Criminal Murders Three after being freed from Deportation
- Five Black Males Accused of Slashing the Throats of White Family
- Feral Black Males Wreak Havoc at Waffle House Restaurants
- About Houston County, Georgia