Johnny Thomas Jr.
Johnny Thomas Sentenced to 10 Years
Tuesday, 24 May 2011: Johnny Thomas Jr., 43, of Perry, GA was found guilty in Houston Superior Court to Possession of Hydrocodone and Possession of Codeine and Drugs Not in Original Container on Monday, May 23, 2011. The jury convicted Thomas of all counts.
Because Thomas had previous felony convictions, he was sentenced to ten (10) years and ordered to serve seven (7) of those years in prison without the possibility of parole. In addition to the prison time, Thomas was also banished from Houston County upon his release.
At approximately 3 am on September 8, 2009, Officer Jason Jones of the Perry Police Department found Thomas in front of a local business which was closed. Suspicious of this behavior, Officer Jones approached the defendant.
Thomas was found to have approximately 30 loose pain pills in his pockets. Thomas did not have a valid prescription for the two different drugs in his possession. Also in his possession were two razors.
Comments from Assistant District Attorney Jacob W. Poole: "Prescription pain pills are addictive, abused, and extremely dangerous when used inappropriately. Illegal use, possession, and distribution of pain killers will not be tolerated in Houston County."
Comments from District Attorney George H. Hartwig: "Drugs and drug crimes continue to play a large role in the commission of other crimes in Houston County. Drugs can be linked to property crimes, identity thefts, personal crimes, and, of course, violence. We will strive to protect the citizens of this county by continuing to pursue all levels of drug crime activity."
The sentence was imposed by Judge Edward D. Lukemire on the afternoon of May 23.
Thomas was prosecuted by Assistant District Attorney Jacob W. Poole. Thomas was represented by Attorney Joshua Morrison with the Public Defender's Office. For additional information, call ADA Jacob W. Poole at 478-218-4810.
- Feral Black Males Wreak Havoc at Waffle House Restaurants
- Haitian Criminal Murders Three after being freed from Deportation
- Five Black Males Accused of Slashing the Throats of White Family
- Waffle House Shooting of Black Male Reginald Smith by Police Justified
- Feral Black Male on Trial in Saginaw Denny's Shooting
- Black Crime Profile in Houston County Georgia
- About Houston County, Georgia
- Feral Black Male Carjacks 87-Year-Old Woman, Sentenced to Life
- Black Male Breaks Probation, Quickly Returned to Jail
- Black Male Johnny Thomas sentenced to 10 years for possession
- Black Male Lester Efford Sentenced to 15 years for Drug Peddling
- Black Male Thomas Alvin Taylor Sentenced to 45 Years for Drug Trafficking
- Black Male Craig R. Rembert Sentenced to 20 Years for Armed Robbery
- Black Male Juan Miquell Hollis Sentenced to 16 Years Without Parole
- Black Male Jerry Griffin Sentenced to serve 25 years without parole
- Black Male Joshua Williams Sentenced to 20 Years for Burglary, Assault
- Black Male Tony Martin Sentenced to 20 years for Burglary
- Black Male's Rampage Results in 40 Year Sentence
- Black Male David Anderson Sentenced to 20 Years for Aggravated Assault
- Black Male Sentenced to 50 Years Without Parole for Child Abuse
- Violent Black Male Gets 45 Years in Houston County, Georgia
- Black Male Kirk Solomon Sentenced to Life
- 997 Oxycodone Tablets Earn White Male William Upton 9 Years
- Black Male Marquis Lowe Sentenced to Life Without Parole for Murder