Lester Efford Jr.
Black Male Lester Efford Sentenced to 15 years for Drug Peddling
Wednesday, 20 July 2011: Lester Efford Jr., 43 years of age, of 105 Chadwick Lane, Bonaire, GA was found guilty today in a Houston Superior Court of Possession of Cocaine with Intent to Distribute. Judge Loring Gray presided over the three day jury trial that began Monday in Perry. The Court sentenced the defendant to 15 years, to serve the first 8 years in prison.
Mr. Efford will complete his sentence on probation upon his release from prison. Effords had prior felony convictions for Possession of Cocaine with Intent to Distribute and Theft by Deception.
On January 31, 2010, Efford approached a road safety check on Highway 247 near the Bibb County line. In an effort to avoid detection, the defendant stopped short of the road check, turned off his headlights, and exited his vehicle. The defendant proceeded to reach into his pants, remove a large bag of cocaine, and drop it on the ground.
Deputy Ben Lashley of the Houston County Sheriff's Office was sitting in a patrol car across the road, turned on his headlights, and observed the defendant drop the cocaine on the ground. The Sheriff's Office proceeded to apprehend Mr. Efford.
COMMENTS FROM ASSISTANT DA DARYL MANNS : "This verdict serves as notice that drugs will not be tolerated in our community, especially by those individuals who blatantly attempt to avoid the law."
COMMENTS FROM DISTRICT ATTORNEY GEORGE HARTWIG: "We would like to commend the diligence of the Houston Sheriff's deputies during this road check. Mr. Effords got probation the last time he was convicted of possessing cocaine with intent...this time he's going to prison. Hopefully, this time he will get the message: don't deal drugs in Houston County!"
ADAs Daryl Manns and John Fowler prosecuted the case for the State. Efford was represented by Attorney Carolyn Hall of the Public Defender's Office. For additional information, call ADA Daryl Manns at 478-218-4810.
- Blacks Turn Waffle House Restaurants into War Zones
- Waffle House Shooting of Reginald Smith by Police Justified
- Black Male on Trial in Saginaw Denny's Shooting
- About Houston County, Georgia
- Foreign Students Pushing American Students Out of College
- Haitian Criminal Murders Three after being freed from Deportation
- Five Black Males Accused of Slashing the Throats of White Family
- Black Male Carjacks 87-Year-Old Woman, Sentenced to Life
- Black Male Breaks Probation, Quickly Returned to Jail
- Johnny Thomas sentenced to 10 years for possession
- Lester Efford Sentenced to 15 years for Drug Peddling
- Thomas Alvin Taylor Sentenced to 45 Years for Drug Trafficking
- Craig R. Rembert Sentenced to 20 Years for Armed Robbery
- Juan Miquell Hollis Sentenced to 16 Years Without Parole
- Jerry Griffin Sentenced to serve 25 years without parole
- Joshua Williams Sentenced to 20 Years for Burglary, Assault
- Tony Martin Sentenced to 20 years for Burglary
- Black Male's Rampage Results in 40 Year Sentence
- David Anderson Sentenced to 20 Years for Aggravated Assault
- Black Male Sentenced to 50 Years Without Parole for Child Abuse
- Violent Black Male Gets 45 Years in Houston County, Georgia
- Kirk Solomon Sentenced to Life
- 997 Oxycodone Tablets Earn White Male William Upton 9 Years
- Marquis Lowe Sentenced to Life Without Parole for Murder