James C. Mitchell
James C. Mitchell Sentenced to 50 Years Without Parole for Child Abuse
Thursday, 19 May 2011: James C. Mitchell, 42, of Warner Robins was found guilty as charged yesterday by a Houston County jury. Mitchell was charged with two counts of Aggravated Child Molestation, two counts of Aggravated Sexual Battery, and eight counts of Child Molestation.
Following two days of evidence presentation, the jury deliberated three hours before returning their guilty verdict. Judge Lukemire sentenced Mitchell to 50 years to serve without the possibility of parole in a Department of Corrections facility.
Mitchell was charged and convicted as a result of his repeated, sexual violations of his two young daughters. With regard only for his own sexual gratification, he stole what did not belong to him, a child's innocence. He will now pay the price for his actions. Comments from Assistant District Attorney Bowen, "The jury's verdict speaks the truth. I hope it will give the victims some measure of peace knowing that they were believed."
COMMENTS FROM DISTRICT ATTORNEY GEORGE HARTWIG: "Our office will continue to protect the children of our community by aggressively prosecuting those individuals who prey on the very ones they are entrusted to protect."
Judge Edward Lukemire presided over the trial and sentenced Mitchell. Assistant District Attorneys Julia Bowen and Jacob Poole prosecuted Mitchell. Public Defender Nick White represented Mitchell. For additional information, call ADA Julia Bowen at 478-218-4810.
- Origins U.S. Constitution
- Illegal Immigration Crime Invades East Tennessee
- What is Gnostic Demiurge?
- Murdering Mother Hidden Face of Honor Killing
- Apostle Paul Founder of Christianity
- An Overview of Gnosticism and the Bible
- What is New Age Religion?
- Classical Deism a Primer
- Parallel Betrayals Iranian Revolution and Arab Spring
- Nicene Creed and Truth about the Trinity
- Foreign Students Pushing American Students Out of College
- Haitian Criminal Murders Three after being freed from Deportation
- Five Black Males Accused of Slashing the Throats of White Family
- Feral Black Males Wreak Havoc at Waffle House Restaurants
- About Houston County, Georgia