James C. Mitchell
James C. Mitchell Sentenced to 50 Years Without Parole for Child Abuse
Thursday, 19 May 2011: James C. Mitchell, 42, of Warner Robins was found guilty as charged yesterday by a Houston County jury. Mitchell was charged with two counts of Aggravated Child Molestation, two counts of Aggravated Sexual Battery, and eight counts of Child Molestation.
Following two days of evidence presentation, the jury deliberated three hours before returning their guilty verdict. Judge Lukemire sentenced Mitchell to 50 years to serve without the possibility of parole in a Department of Corrections facility.
Mitchell was charged and convicted as a result of his repeated, sexual violations of his two young daughters. With regard only for his own sexual gratification, he stole what did not belong to him, a child's innocence. He will now pay the price for his actions. Comments from Assistant District Attorney Bowen, "The jury's verdict speaks the truth. I hope it will give the victims some measure of peace knowing that they were believed."
COMMENTS FROM DISTRICT ATTORNEY GEORGE HARTWIG: "Our office will continue to protect the children of our community by aggressively prosecuting those individuals who prey on the very ones they are entrusted to protect."
Judge Edward Lukemire presided over the trial and sentenced Mitchell. Assistant District Attorneys Julia Bowen and Jacob Poole prosecuted Mitchell. Public Defender Nick White represented Mitchell. For additional information, call ADA Julia Bowen at 478-218-4810.
- Blacks Turn Waffle House Restaurants into War Zones
- Waffle House Shooting of Reginald Smith by Police Justified
- Black Male on Trial in Saginaw Denny's Shooting
- About Houston County, Georgia
- Foreign Students Pushing American Students Out of College
- Haitian Criminal Murders Three after being freed from Deportation
- Five Black Males Accused of Slashing the Throats of White Family
- Black Male Carjacks 87-Year-Old Woman, Sentenced to Life
- Black Male Breaks Probation, Quickly Returned to Jail
- Johnny Thomas sentenced to 10 years for possession
- Lester Efford Sentenced to 15 years for Drug Peddling
- Thomas Alvin Taylor Sentenced to 45 Years for Drug Trafficking
- Craig R. Rembert Sentenced to 20 Years for Armed Robbery
- Juan Miquell Hollis Sentenced to 16 Years Without Parole
- Jerry Griffin Sentenced to serve 25 years without parole
- Joshua Williams Sentenced to 20 Years for Burglary, Assault
- Tony Martin Sentenced to 20 years for Burglary
- Black Male's Rampage Results in 40 Year Sentence
- David Anderson Sentenced to 20 Years for Aggravated Assault
- Black Male Sentenced to 50 Years Without Parole for Child Abuse
- Violent Black Male Gets 45 Years in Houston County, Georgia
- Kirk Solomon Sentenced to Life
- 997 Oxycodone Tablets Earn White Male William Upton 9 Years
- Marquis Lowe Sentenced to Life Without Parole for Murder