Black Male Tony Martin Sentenced to 20 years for Burglary
Wednesday, 27 April 2011: Tony Martin, 24, of 609 South Second Street, Warner Robins, Georgia 31088 pleaded guilty on Wednesday, April 19, 2011 to four separate counts of Burglary.
MARTIN was sentenced to 20 years to serve 10 years in prison for burglarizing four businesses in Houston County between December 22, 2010 and January 12, 2011. Martin was captured on video by security cameras at two of the burglaries. Pictures of Martin from the videos were placed on law enforcement bulletins.
Upon Martin being identified in the bulletins as a suspect in the burglaries, officers with the Warner Robins Police Department obtained consent to search Martin's residence from a co-occupant of the residence. During the search they found distinctive articles of clothing that Martin was seen wearing in the videos of his crimes. Martin later confessed to those two burglaries as well as a third burglary. Martin was linked to a fourth burglary by DNA.
COMMENTS FROM ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY VENITA MCCOY: "This sentence clearly shows that Houston County cares about its businesses and is not going to tolerate any interferences with their operations, damages to their premises, or thefts of their property."
COMMENTS FROM DISTRICT ATTORNEY GEORGE HARTWIG III: "Martin's crimes took time, money, and many intangible things from his victims. Now the State is taking 10 years of his life in return. This sentence should put all burglars on notice that our office takes these matters very seriously and will deal with them accordingly."
- Feral Black Males Wreak Havoc at Waffle House Restaurants
- Haitian Criminal Murders Three after being freed from Deportation
- Five Black Males Accused of Slashing the Throats of White Family
- Waffle House Shooting of Black Male Reginald Smith by Police Justified
- Feral Black Male on Trial in Saginaw Denny's Shooting
- Black Crime Profile in Houston County Georgia
- About Houston County, Georgia
- Feral Black Male Carjacks 87-Year-Old Woman, Sentenced to Life
- Black Male Breaks Probation, Quickly Returned to Jail
- Black Male Johnny Thomas sentenced to 10 years for possession
- Black Male Lester Efford Sentenced to 15 years for Drug Peddling
- Black Male Thomas Alvin Taylor Sentenced to 45 Years for Drug Trafficking
- Black Male Craig R. Rembert Sentenced to 20 Years for Armed Robbery
- Black Male Juan Miquell Hollis Sentenced to 16 Years Without Parole
- Black Male Jerry Griffin Sentenced to serve 25 years without parole
- Black Male Joshua Williams Sentenced to 20 Years for Burglary, Assault
- Black Male Tony Martin Sentenced to 20 years for Burglary
- Black Male's Rampage Results in 40 Year Sentence
- Black Male David Anderson Sentenced to 20 Years for Aggravated Assault
- Black Male Sentenced to 50 Years Without Parole for Child Abuse
- Violent Black Male Gets 45 Years in Houston County, Georgia
- Black Male Kirk Solomon Sentenced to Life
- 997 Oxycodone Tablets Earn White Male William Upton 9 Years
- Black Male Marquis Lowe Sentenced to Life Without Parole for Murder