Black Male Tony Martin Sentenced to 20 years for Burglary
Wednesday, 27 April 2011: Tony Martin, 24, of 609 South Second Street, Warner Robins, Georgia 31088 pleaded guilty on Wednesday, April 19, 2011 to four separate counts of Burglary.
MARTIN was sentenced to 20 years to serve 10 years in prison for burglarizing four businesses in Houston County between December 22, 2010 and January 12, 2011. Martin was captured on video by security cameras at two of the burglaries. Pictures of Martin from the videos were placed on law enforcement bulletins.
Upon Martin being identified in the bulletins as a suspect in the burglaries, officers with the Warner Robins Police Department obtained consent to search Martin's residence from a co-occupant of the residence. During the search they found distinctive articles of clothing that Martin was seen wearing in the videos of his crimes. Martin later confessed to those two burglaries as well as a third burglary. Martin was linked to a fourth burglary by DNA.
COMMENTS FROM ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY VENITA MCCOY: "This sentence clearly shows that Houston County cares about its businesses and is not going to tolerate any interferences with their operations, damages to their premises, or thefts of their property."
COMMENTS FROM DISTRICT ATTORNEY GEORGE HARTWIG III: "Martin's crimes took time, money, and many intangible things from his victims. Now the State is taking 10 years of his life in return. This sentence should put all burglars on notice that our office takes these matters very seriously and will deal with them accordingly."
- Blacks Turn Waffle House Restaurants into War Zones
- Waffle House Shooting of Reginald Smith by Police Justified
- Black Male on Trial in Saginaw Denny's Shooting
- About Houston County, Georgia
- Foreign Students Pushing American Students Out of College
- Haitian Criminal Murders Three after being freed from Deportation
- Five Black Males Accused of Slashing the Throats of White Family
- Black Male Carjacks 87-Year-Old Woman, Sentenced to Life
- Black Male Breaks Probation, Quickly Returned to Jail
- Johnny Thomas sentenced to 10 years for possession
- Lester Efford Sentenced to 15 years for Drug Peddling
- Thomas Alvin Taylor Sentenced to 45 Years for Drug Trafficking
- Craig R. Rembert Sentenced to 20 Years for Armed Robbery
- Juan Miquell Hollis Sentenced to 16 Years Without Parole
- Jerry Griffin Sentenced to serve 25 years without parole
- Joshua Williams Sentenced to 20 Years for Burglary, Assault
- Tony Martin Sentenced to 20 years for Burglary
- Black Male's Rampage Results in 40 Year Sentence
- David Anderson Sentenced to 20 Years for Aggravated Assault
- Black Male Sentenced to 50 Years Without Parole for Child Abuse
- Violent Black Male Gets 45 Years in Houston County, Georgia
- Kirk Solomon Sentenced to Life
- 997 Oxycodone Tablets Earn White Male William Upton 9 Years
- Marquis Lowe Sentenced to Life Without Parole for Murder