Black Male Tony Martin Sentenced to 20 years for Burglary
Wednesday, 27 April 2011: Tony Martin, 24, of 609 South Second Street, Warner Robins, Georgia 31088 pleaded guilty on Wednesday, April 19, 2011 to four separate counts of Burglary.
MARTIN was sentenced to 20 years to serve 10 years in prison for burglarizing four businesses in Houston County between December 22, 2010 and January 12, 2011. Martin was captured on video by security cameras at two of the burglaries. Pictures of Martin from the videos were placed on law enforcement bulletins.
Upon Martin being identified in the bulletins as a suspect in the burglaries, officers with the Warner Robins Police Department obtained consent to search Martin's residence from a co-occupant of the residence. During the search they found distinctive articles of clothing that Martin was seen wearing in the videos of his crimes. Martin later confessed to those two burglaries as well as a third burglary. Martin was linked to a fourth burglary by DNA.
COMMENTS FROM ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY VENITA MCCOY: "This sentence clearly shows that Houston County cares about its businesses and is not going to tolerate any interferences with their operations, damages to their premises, or thefts of their property."
COMMENTS FROM DISTRICT ATTORNEY GEORGE HARTWIG III: "Martin's crimes took time, money, and many intangible things from his victims. Now the State is taking 10 years of his life in return. This sentence should put all burglars on notice that our office takes these matters very seriously and will deal with them accordingly."
- Origins U.S. Constitution
- Illegal Immigration Crime Invades East Tennessee
- What is Gnostic Demiurge?
- Murdering Mother Hidden Face of Honor Killing
- Apostle Paul Founder of Christianity
- An Overview of Gnosticism and the Bible
- What is New Age Religion?
- Classical Deism a Primer
- Parallel Betrayals Iranian Revolution and Arab Spring
- Nicene Creed and Truth about the Trinity
- Foreign Students Pushing American Students Out of College
- Haitian Criminal Murders Three after being freed from Deportation
- Five Black Males Accused of Slashing the Throats of White Family
- Feral Black Males Wreak Havoc at Waffle House Restaurants
- About Houston County, Georgia