Atolls and Tibetan Tree Rings Tell a Story
Compiled by Lewis Loflin
I have heard for some time sea level due to human induced "climate change" will drown islands such as Tuvalu. I knew this was bunk because sea has been rising for 11,700 years and has not accelerated since 1850. Now we have this:
09/02/18 AFP The Pacific nation of Tuvalu - long seen as a prime candidate to disappear as climate change forces up sea levels - is actually growing in size, new research shows.
"A University of Auckland study examined changes in the geography of Tuvalu's nine atolls and 101 reef islands between 1971 and 2014, using aerial photographs and satellite imagery. It found eight of the atolls and almost three-quarters of the islands grew during the study period, lifting Tuvalu's total land area by 2.9 percent, even though sea levels in the country rose at twice the global average."
What? How the heck has sea level in Tuvulu risen twice the rate of the rest of the world? What exactly is that level?
These type of reefs and atolls are not static. They constantly change, sea level change or not. Earth science 101.
That has nothing to do with human CO2. It is a natural event.
I knew this because I've studied nuclear bomb testing at Bikini Atoll. Photos show no shrinking beaches from 1945 to present I can see. In fact even with over two dozen nuclear blasts the lagoon has made a massive recovery.
They play that down as well. Anything that is positive on the environment is attacked or ignored.
The article played climate correctness claiming climate change (a natural event) could still be a threat. So can volcanic eruptions and meteor strikes. Perhaps the sun will explode.
Constant scare-mongering is hurting the credibility of science.
Their extremist political solutions are unacceptable.
A Two-century Reconstruction of Summer Temperatures on the Southeastern Tibetan Plateau
Paper Reviewed: Li, M., Duan, J., Wang, L. and Zhu, H. 2018. Late summer temperature reconstruction based on tree-ring density for Sygera Mountain, southeastern Tibetan Plateau. Global and Planetary Change 163: 10-17.
Introducing the reason for their study, authors Li et al. (2018) write that "exploring global or regional temperature changes with a long-term perspective is very important, as this study can improve our understanding of the status of the current warming with respect to the past several centuries, which could help us take more rational actions to address the recent climate warming."
And so the team of four Chinese researchers set out to reconstruct historic summer (Aug-Sep) summer temperatures on the southeastern Tibetan Plateau...
Considering the findings presented above, it is clear that temperatures of the past few decades on the southeastern Tibetan Plateau are not uniquely warm. Neither are they unprecedented, nor do they appear to show any influence from rising greenhouse gases over the past two centuries.
If there is anything odd about the record it is the fact that only one of the twelve extremely warm years identified in the record occurred in the 20th and 21st centuries, while the remaining eleven all occurred during the 1800s!
- New January 2019:
- Understanding Earth Science and Climate Change
- Debate: Changes in Plants With Climate
- Grain Production Miracle Debunks Climate Alarmists
- U.S. Reduces Carbon Dioxide Emissions Without Socialism
- Atolls and Tibetan Tree Rings Tell a Story
- Amory Lovins, Windmills, and Genocide
- NASA Infiltrated by Pseudo-Scientific Socialism
- Climate Cult Ignore Positives Their Models Never Predicted
- Climate Hucksters Prey on Science Illiteracy
- Polling Climate Change Beliefs of the Science Illiterate
- 150 Million Won't Drown by 2100
- Climate Change Dogma is More Snake Oil
- Clueless on Earth Science
- Marijuana Increases Violent Crime
- My other website:
- Ecology Debunked
- US Constitution
- Religious Themes
- Fall of the Late Roman Empire
- End of the Vikings in Greenland
- Lost Colony of Roanoke Island
- Whale Fossils Show Ice Free Arctic
- Climate Change and Volcanoes
- Nature's End? Hardly
- Intuitive Wisdom of Organic Gardening
- Environmentalism Versus Reason
- Common Sense Environmentalism
- Growing Up Under Armageddon Any Day
- Ecology as Environmental Socialism