Grain Production Miracle Debunks Climate Alarmists
by Lewis Loflin
Climate scientists have claimed since the 1970s the world faced starvation and mass hunger. The usual culprits were pollution and climate change. Didn't happen.
John P. Holdren climate communist and science adviser to President Obama, joined with arch Malthusian crackpot Paul Ehrlich made the above claims.
In the 1970s and 80s they were full prophesy mode. In 1986 they declared "it is possible that carbon-dioxide climate induced famines could kill as many as a billion people before the year 2020."
Ref. Paul Ehrlich, The Machinery of Nature (New York: Simon and Schuster, 1986), P274.
At that time "all of the scientists agreed" and are often the same crackpots today.
They are wrong in 2019. This scare-mongering has been going on for 50 years. They now predict a century into the future the same rubbish that science "consensus" claimed would happen by now.
At www.beef2live.com 12/26/2018 notes world production of wheat will hit 733.4 MILLION metric tons.
The U.S. was ranked 5th. Countries such as Russia that struggled to feed their people under communism out produces the U.S. Note the following in millions of tons:
#1 - EU - 187.6; #2 - China - 182.5; #3 - India - 99.7; #4 - Russia - 70.0; #5 - United States - 51.3; #6 - Canada - 31.8.
This wasn't supposed to happen. Clearly a combination of a slightly warmer climate, higher carbon dioxide levels, and technology contributed to the miracle.
NASA has noted an explosion of plant growth and "greening" in recent years. They attribute that to the above.
According to Statista 2016/2017 corn production in the U.S. alone hit 388 million metric tons! That is 1.2 metric tons per person!
In 2016/17 world corn production was 1 BILLION plus metric tons!
What about rice? Statista reports for 2017:/p>
Worldwide production of milled rice 488.6m tons.
China's production of paddy rice 208.1m tons.
World production volume of milled rice 484.1m tons.
Technology-science - 1, Climate socialism - 0.
Democrats More Positive About Socialism Than Capitalism
AUGUST 13, 2018 Gallup
47% of Democrats view capitalism positively, down from 56% in 2016
57% of Democrats now view socialism positively, little changed from 2010
Republicans very positive about capitalism; 16% positive on socialism
The current survey is the fourth time Gallup has measured Americans' overall views of capitalism and socialism in this format. The question wording does not define "socialism" or "capitalism" but simply asks respondents whether their opinion of each is positive or negative.
- New January 2019:
- Understanding Earth Science and Climate Change
- Debate: Changes in Plants With Climate
- Grain Production Miracle Debunks Climate Alarmists
- U.S. Reduces Carbon Dioxide Emissions Without Socialism
- Atolls and Tibetan Tree Rings Tell a Story
- Amory Lovins, Windmills, and Genocide
- NASA Infiltrated by Pseudo-Scientific Socialism
- Climate Cult Ignore Positives Their Models Never Predicted
- Climate Hucksters Prey on Science Illiteracy
- Polling Climate Change Beliefs of the Science Illiterate
- 150 Million Won't Drown by 2100
- Climate Change Dogma is More Snake Oil
- Clueless on Earth Science
- Marijuana Increases Violent Crime
- My other website:
- Ecology Debunked
- US Constitution
- Religious Themes
- Fall of the Late Roman Empire
- End of the Vikings in Greenland
- Lost Colony of Roanoke Island
- Whale Fossils Show Ice Free Arctic
- Climate Change and Volcanoes
- Nature's End? Hardly
- Intuitive Wisdom of Organic Gardening
- Environmentalism Versus Reason
- Common Sense Environmentalism
- Growing Up Under Armageddon Any Day
- Ecology as Environmental Socialism