U.S. Reduces CO2 Emissions
by Lewis Loflin
Science and technology are helping the environment.
U.S. CO2 Levels Drop Again in 2018. Ref. www.investors.com 7-12-2018.
After imposing crushing regulations "European output of CO2 rose 1.5%, while U.S. output fell 0.5% in 2017."
The U.S. Energy Information Administration's latest energy report notes that, from 2005 to 2017, U.S. energy related emissions of carbon dioxide plunged by 861 million metric tons, a 14% drop. It's both a result of the decline due to the Great Recession and the fracking revolution. The EIA forecast expects a slight uptick over the next two years in the U.S. as the economy continues its Trump boom. But it will still be way below where it was 13 years ago.
That comes down to 57.4 million tons per year double that arising from all human sources in the 1990s.
Communist cesspools such as China, India, Latin America, etc. have seen an explosion of CO2 emissions and pollution. As I've said on this website many times it's technology and freedom will protect the environment. To quote,
"In the U.S., the data are clear and utterly convincing: In 1949, it took 1,098 metric tons of CO2 emissions to produce $1 million in GDP in the U.S., after adjusting for inflation. Today, it takes just 301 metric tons to produce that same million dollars, after inflation - a 73% gain in carbon-efficiency."
What do UN climate experts say about climate change?
"Basically, it is a big mistake to discuss climate policy apart from the big issues of globalization. The climate summit in Cancun (Mexico) at the end of the month is not a climate conference, but one of the biggest business conferences since the Second World War ... But one has to be clear: we are effectively redistributing world wealth through climate policy. One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. This has almost nothing to do with environmental policy..."
Bartender and New York Democratic socialist Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez says:
"Fighting climate change will be 'the civil rights movement of our generation' It's inevitable that we will create jobs. We can use the transition to 100 percent renewable energy as the vehicle to truly deliver and establish economic, social and racial justice in the United States of America."
I take them at their word.
- New January 2019:
- Climate Change Excuse for Religious Violence
- Understanding Earth Science and Climate Change
- >Debate Changes in Plants With Climate
- Grain Production Miracle Debunks Climate Alarmists
- U.S. Reduces CO2 Emissions
- Promoting Human Genocide for Gaia
- NASA Infiltrated by Nonsense
- Climate Cult Ignore Positives Their Models Never Predicted
- Climate Hype Hides Science Illiteracy
- Political Polling isn't Science
- 150 Million Won't Drown by 2100
- Climate Change Dogma About Money
- Congressional Bartender on Science
- Marijuana Increases Violence
- Tibet Tree Ring Study Foretells Modern Warming
- Tuvalu Atolls Debunk Sea Level Hype
Web site Copyright Lewis Loflin, All rights reserved.
If using this material on another site, please provide a link back to my site.