Polling Climate Change Beliefs of the Science Illiterate
by Lewis Loflin
A recent poll from Yale with something called the "American Communities Project" asked various communities about climate change. I read they survey questions and found questions biased and leading.
They pretend popular vote and belief is science fact. Now we have demands that science be a democratic process to end oppression. I kid you not.
There is no question of mass science illiteracy in America. The poll doesn't inquire into actual science knowledge, but perceptions and belief.
That data showed 70 percent of Americans believe 'global warming is happening' and 57 percent believe "global warming is being caused mostly by human activities." In a nation as divided as the United States is right now, those are remarkable numbers.
Note the word "believe". They report,
71% of Democrats, 47% of independents, 15% of Republicans say yes on human caused warming.
With 70% saying happening there is a clear over-polling of Democrats as usual. Many thinking people won't answer such polls because of intimidation and fear of being attacked.
Most have no knowledge of the subject thus accept the claims based on faith. Science is not about faith or even "belief" in science. Even more remarkable was the answers under "behaviors".
Question: (Do you) Discuss global warming at least occasionally? 64% never, 36% occasionally. No surprise to me.
Question: (Do you) Hear about global warming in the media at least once a week? 22% at least weekly. 77% once a month or less often.
This is scary. 70% believe in something most know nothing about. Most never even discuss the subject relying on hearsay and fake news TV preachers like Rev. Chucky Todd.
77% want regulation of CO2 as a pollutant without knowing what CO2 even is. This is "perceptions" and emotion, not rational thought or scientific based knowledge. Chucky Todd makes it clear debate is verboten.
Any attempt at debate is treated as religious blasphemy. "Denier" is a religious term and a slur to silence debate. Some demand "deniers" be sent to prison.
In particular Democrats see this issue as a way to impose socialist economic and political policies. That is exactly what this "Green New Deal" is about.
Every socialist and communist out there have hijacked this issue for obvious reasons. When the question was asked, "(Is) Environmental protection is more important than economic growth?"
70% said yes. I'll bet the same 70% that claim global warming is happening.
The real reason is best said once again by bartender and socialist Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.):
"We can use the transition to 100 percent renewable energy as the vehicle to truly deliver and establish economic, social and racial justice in the United States of America."
And we will get free healthcare and they will pay off my student loans I was dumb enough to take out. College students in liberal arts are mostly ignorant of science.
A October 15-28, 2018 Gallup Poll shows the top three priorities for voters are healthcare (80%), the economy (78%), and immigration (78%). Climate change and the Russia hoax rank 11th and 12th.
Belief doesn't seem to translate to priorities.
Let us strip ecology and politics out of the subject and get back to basic chemistry and earth science education. Then we can poll informed people on the subject.
Ecology and climate change dogma is a faith and has zero place in science.
- New January 2019:
- Understanding Earth Science and Climate Change
- Debate: Changes in Plants With Climate
- Grain Production Miracle Debunks Climate Alarmists
- U.S. Reduces Carbon Dioxide Emissions Without Socialism
- Atolls and Tibetan Tree Rings Tell a Story
- Amory Lovins, Windmills, and Genocide
- NASA Infiltrated by Pseudo-Scientific Socialism
- Climate Cult Ignore Positives Their Models Never Predicted
- Climate Hucksters Prey on Science Illiteracy
- Polling Climate Change Beliefs of the Science Illiterate
- 150 Million Won't Drown by 2100
- Climate Change Dogma is More Snake Oil
- Clueless on Earth Science
- Marijuana Increases Violent Crime
- My other website:
- Ecology Debunked
- US Constitution
- Religious Themes
- Fall of the Late Roman Empire
- End of the Vikings in Greenland
- Lost Colony of Roanoke Island
- Whale Fossils Show Ice Free Arctic
- Climate Change and Volcanoes
- Nature's End? Hardly
- Intuitive Wisdom of Organic Gardening
- Environmentalism Versus Reason
- Common Sense Environmentalism
- Growing Up Under Armageddon Any Day
- Ecology as Environmental Socialism