Who says poverty isn't fun?
Working Class Whites Shunned by Elite Colleges
by Lewis Loflin
Update April 22, 2014: The Supreme Court has overturned a lower court ruling against the voter approved ban on affirmative action racism in Michigan. While it's hoped we can finally end institutionalized anti-white racism it's not over yet. Even before this ruling the liberal racists were already at work.
In the article How Diversity Punishes Asians, Poor Whites and Lots of Others by Russell K. Nieli proves this point. To quote,
When lower-class whites are matched with lower-class blacks and other non-whites the degree of the non-white advantage becomes astronomical: lower-class Asian applicants are seven times as likely to be accepted to the competitive private institutions as similarly qualified whites, lower-class Hispanic applicants eight times as likely, and lower-class blacks ten times as likely.
The following has been revealed by the New York Times March 16, 2013:
Only 34 percent of high-achieving high school seniors in the bottom fourth of income distribution attended any one of the country's 238 most selective colleges...despite a stated desire to recruit an economically diverse group of students, have largely failed to do so...
There's no effort at all to recruit high-achieving white and Asian students - most efforts are aimed at lower-achieving Blacks and Hispanics. They also note most of these ignored students never graduate college at all even attending local colleges. So why is this being brought up in 2013? Here is the reason why:
Elite colleges may soon face more pressure to recruit poor and middle-class students, if the Supreme Court restricts race-based affirmative action. A ruling in the case, involving the University of Texas, is expected sometime before late June...
Why the heck do we assume all poor people are black and Hispanic when in fact by shear numbers most of the poor are white? Their real fear is the end of affirmative action racism, so they need another excuse to allow less qualified non-whites into the system. Lower income whites are more likely to be conservative in addition to the wrong social class and color.
Diversity for non-whites only
In the article How Diversity Punishes Asians, Poor Whites and Lots of Others by Russell K. Nieli that concerns this point. When they say "diversity" that means anything but white. Most of these positions are reserved for the rich kids of former graduates, who share a similar political and social ideology of the institution. A lot of positions go to selected international students. What is left is used to fill racist diversity quotas. That diversity doesn't include the vast majority of white Americans that aren't filthy rich and/or leftist:
Most elite universities seem to have little interest in diversifying their student bodies when it comes to the numbers of born-again Christians from the Bible belt, students from Appalachia and other rural and small-town areas, people who have served in the U.S. military, those who have grown up on farms or ranches, Mormons, Pentecostals, Jehovah's Witnesses, lower-middle-class Catholics, working class "white ethnics, social and political conservatives, wheelchair users, married students, married students with children, or older students first starting out in college after raising children or spending several years in the workforce. Students in these categories are often very rare at the more competitive colleges, especially the Ivy League...
The New York Times bitterly admits:
Colleges currently give little or no advantage in the admissions process to low-income students, compared with more affluent students of the same race, other research has found...Among high-achieving, low-income students, 6 percent were black, 8 percent Latino, 15 percent Asian-American and 69 percent white, the study found.
It's right there in writing: 84 percent of the talented poor are white/Asian with 69 percent white, but the effort will be for less qualified blacks-Hispanics. Whites will simply be excluded again. That's racism when people are treated unequally due to their race.
Even Poor Whites Outscore Wealthy Blacks
In The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education noted in their article "The Widening Racial Scoring Gap on the SAT College Admissions Test" (2005) which even taking income into consideration found:
- Whites from families with incomes of less than $10,000 had a mean SAT score of 993. This is 129 points higher than the national mean for all blacks.
- Whites from families with incomes below $10,000 had a mean SAT test score that was 61 points higher than blacks whose families had incomes of between $80,000 and $100,000.
- Blacks from families with incomes of more than $100,000 had a mean SAT score that was 85 points below the mean score for whites from all income levels, 139 points below the mean score of whites from families at the same income level, and 10 points below the average score of white students from families whose income was less than $10,000.
The Journal further states:
Once again, if we eliminate Asians and other minorities from the calculations and compare only blacks and whites, we find that 0.2 percent of all black test takers scored 750 or above on the verbal SAT compared to 2.2 percent of all white test takers. Thus, whites were 11 times as likely as blacks to score 750 or above on the verbal portion of the test. Overall, there were 49 times as many whites as blacks who scored at or above the 750 level.
On the math SAT, only 0.16 percent of all black test takers scored 750 or above compared to 1.8 percent of white test takers. Thus, whites were more than 11 times as likely as blacks to score 750 or above on the math SAT. Overall, there were more than 61 times as many whites as blacks who scored 750 or above on the math section of the SAT.
In a race-neutral competition for the approximately 50,000 places for first-year students at the nation's 25 top-ranked universities, high-scoring blacks would be buried by a huge mountain of high-scoring non-black students. Today, under prevailing affirmative action admissions policies, there are about 3,000 black first-year students matriculating at these 25 high-ranking universities, about 6 percent of all first-year students at these institutions.
But if these schools operated under a strict race-neutral admissions policy where SAT scores were the most important qualifying yardstick, these universities could fill their freshman classes almost exclusively with students who score at the very top of the SAT scoring scale. (Meaning Asians/whites.) As shown previously, black students make up at best between 1 and 2 percent of these high-scoring groups. (At 13 percent of the population.)
They have no intention of keeping this race neutral. So if we use qualifications without regard to race, whites overwhelm low-achieving blacks and Hispanics. High achieving poor whites suffer for affirmative action racism that favors often unqualified non-Asian minorities. If diversity is defined by income instead of anything but white, whites would be the big winners along with Asians.
This is simply going to be abused again to discriminate against higher achieving white people.
Ref. March 16, 2013 The New York Times "Better Colleges Failing to Lure Talented Poor"
- Illegal Immigration Success in Arizona
- Racist' Bias Censorship in the Press
- National Elite All White All Racists
- Defining Religion in American Politics 2016
Posted Nov. 2015
- High Costs of Immigrant Housekeepers
- Pushing Back Against Political Correctness Censorship
- Intelligence Predicts Economic Social Outcome
- Remapping Class to Race to Racial Warfare
- Press Censorship Bans Gun Violence Debate
- Progressives Clueless-Biased on Guns
- Crime Rates Directly Proportional to Diversity
- Oakland California Dangerous Third-World Hellhole
- Military Quality Standards As Institutional Racism
- Virginia Schools Become More Dangerous
- SPLC Hires Violent Black Criminal as Advocate
- What Really Killed the Dinosaurs?
- What Killed Stone Age America?
- Out of Africa Myth Further Discredited?
- Noah's Flood Fact or Fable?
- Working Class-Poor Whites Excluded from Top Universities
- Liberal Failure in Seattle Public Schools
- Government Sanctioned Racism at American Universities
- Liberal Academic Equates Gun Rights with Racism
- Murder of Australian Student in Oklahoma Not About Guns
- Color of Crime in Oklahoma
- Black on White Violence in Buffalo New York Ignored
- Black Mob Violently Attack 13-year-old on Florida School Bus
- African Immigrants Violently Attack 12-Year-Old White Girl
- 13-Year-Old White Girl Beaten Unconscious by Black Teenagers
- Violent McDonald's Attack was Not About Homosexuals
- Pregnant Woman Attacked by 12 Blacks
- White Marine Routes Black Males from Seattle Bus
- Why Blacks Over Rely on Government Jobs
- Critical Race Theory is Irrational
- Why Asians are Becoming Victims of Affirmative Action
- Asian Problem for Affirmative Action Racists
- Liberal Racism Among Asians May Bite Them Back
- Racist Attacks on Asians-Others During the LA Riots
- Affirmative Action Fails Unqualified Minorities
- Naturalized Immigrants Dump Relatives Off on Welfare
- Requiring a College Degree to Clean Toilets
- What Maryland's Repeal of the Death Penalty Really Means
- Gun Control Punishment of the Law Abiding
- Michigan Education System Ruined by Diversity
- Foreign Students Pushing American Students Out of College
- Minority failure in public schools isn't racial bias
- Suspending Criminal Blacks Not Racism
- Colorado Gov. Richard Lamm on Multiculturalism A Frightening Analysis
- Debunking Political Correctness Racism
- 'Immigrants' Take Most of the New Jobs in Texas, Elsewhere