Stephen Schneider reveals false reporting of climate industrial complex.
Answering the Eco-Luddites
"Climate change" has been wrongly redefined by activists as focusing exclusively on human activities while ignoring natural causes alone or in combination. They can't predict natural variations through hypothetical computer models. This fact endangers their self-appointed authority to save humanity from itself. Who exactly appointed these people to anything?
I have no unique insights or qualifications on this issue besides a general college science and technology (electrical-electronics) background. But a scientist in plasma physics or entomology (insects) has no more qualifications than I do.
These changes take place over decades and centuries. The advanced technology and instrumentation go back to the 1990s. Earlier instrumentation readings are ignored or altered through computer modeling.
An example is the Great Barrier Reef in Australia, which, according to press reports, was "bleaching." (Dying due to human activity.) Yet it recovered just fine as of 2023. It was a False alarm; they only studied the Reefs for ~35 years then computer modeled that. Earth science proves this has happened before.
So called "coral bleaching goes back least 400 years," so reports the Irish News from August 2018 and has been getting worse, they claim, since 1800. We have fossil records and human observations, but no instrument data.
Yet to quote Australian Institute of Marine Science, August 9, 2023:
Since then, the Reef has rebounded. Generally cooler La Niña conditions mean hard corals have recovered significant ground, regrowing from very low levels after a decade of cumulative disturbances to record high levels in 2022 across two-thirds of the reef.
Bleaching simply means corals have expelled algae but didn't just die. The algae give corals their color.
"El Nino and La Nina are complex weather patterns resulting from variations in ocean temperatures in the Equatorial Pacific." That is what is causing most weather variation we see today and I don't need a computer model to prove it. There is "the Pacific Decadal Oscillation (PDO) is a cyclical event which cover vast areas of the Pacific Ocean over periods of 20 to 30 years. The PDO has positive and negative phases." There is the same thing in the Atlantic, the Atlantic Multi-decadal Oscillation (AMO).
One has to be aware Google searches are rigged and to dig out this information is tough for those without the right background. I studied earth science for over 50 years.
The claims of oceans going "acidic" due to CO2 are nonsense. When corals first entered the fossil record during the Cambrian Explosion over 500 million years ago, CO2 was 8,000 PPM, not ~420 PPM (0.042%) today. They could only measure such minute changes in the early 1990s.
On a sad note, Dr. Stephen Schneider died in 2010. He certainly was a "pioneering" climate political activist. He was an intelligent and passionate activist with humanity's best interests, as he saw it, at heart. The Guardian at the time noted,
(He) would have preferred readers to spend their time studying his books and scientific articles, looking at the evidence, doing their own research, making up their minds about climate change and lobbying local politicians – rather than reading his obituary.
I did but I studied those qualified in the field, not a political activist with a science degree.
His biography is at https://oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/c8g1630q/entire_text/.
He received a BS in Mechanical Engineering from Columbia University. He ended up at Goddard Space Center and received his Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering and Plasma Physics from Columbia University. He arrived at the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) in 1972. His political activism started early on, and he got a lot of awards and recognition, including sharing a Nobel Prize with the IPCC, a political organization.
Dr. Schneider is an academic. He is not an earth scientist. He needs to gain more knowledge of ocean currents, geology, and many other factors that control climate. CO2 is a small part. To quote,
Stephen Schneider was a leading climate scientist who sounded the cooling scare. Paul Ehrlich and John Holdren too. The 'big boys' were leading the alarm.
A critic quoted p. 90 of Schneider's The Genesis Strategy:
"I have cited many examples of recent climatic variability and repeated the warnings of several well-known climatologists that a cooling trend has set in–perhaps one akin to the Little Ice Age. ...
Note the exchange I archived as a pdf: Stephen Schneider and Global Cooling: An Exchange
Holdren and Ehrlich are both crackpots and communists. They were political activists hiding behind science. Then, the activists went on to claim there never was any real scientific consensus on global cooling.
That is a lie. This looming problem was so serious the National Academy of Science produced a report sounding the alarm in 1975. I have a copy of that report.
Dr. Schneider like John Holdren and Paul Ehrlich have no actual qualifications in earth science. They are professional and well paid political activists. Dr. Schneider made it clear in his own words he would lie if it meant promoting their political agenda. That agenda can and should be debated, but one is attacked as a "denier."
See Coral in a Warming World: Causes for Optimism by Peter Ridd, Report 55, The Global Warming Policy Foundation.
Because of our toxic politics and throwing around terms such as denier, Islamophobia, transphobia, and racism at every turn, we will address this.
Climate "denier" is a slur, not tolerated here. Questioning endless failed predictions, the ruinous political and economic policies of activists, and the spiritual views of cultists is not a denial of anything. Climate is changing because it normally does. Even when influenced by humans nature can adjust - yes protect the environment within reason.
Unlike the climate-industrial complex and Stephen Schneider, I adhere strictly to the scientific method. As a lifelong science student, I use my textbooks or written books. I have had college-level science classes, but I will make clear I'm no expert and claim no special insights. But evidence is there for anyone not too lazy to find it.
The solutions to many problems are technology much of it available now, and the use of objective reason. There is nothing wrong with humans altering nature.
Quoting Marian L. Tupy:
There is no reason for pessimism about the future of our species or the planet. ... Put differently, nature adjusts to human activity in a multitude of ways and, the greater the human impact, the greater the natural adjustment. So, instead of seeing natural collapse, humans are encountering nature's resilience.
Schools are the target of this eco-nonsense competing with absurd race theories indoctrinated into the minds of children.
To quote a writer at researchgate.net :
Religious traditions have little to say specifically about biodiversity, but they provide the values, worldviews, or environmental ethics that shape the way in which different societies interact with biological diversity and nature in general. In this sense, religion can be part of the problem or part of the solution.
- Eco-Theology in Public Schools Violates Constitution
- Environmentalism Dominated by Unwitting Religiosity
- Ocean Currents Control Climate
- We Still Live in an Ice Age
- Observing Nature in the Real World
- Venus was Never Like Earth Science is Never Settled
- Mastodons Roamed Greenland 2 Million Years Ago
- Present Global Warming Began Circa 1800
- Dissecting Critical Climate Theory
- $1.5 Trillion Climate Change Industrial Complex
- Climate Change Cover for Spiritual & Social Revolution
- Corporate Welfare Grifters Climate Non-Crisis
- When Mythology Replaces Science
- Facts on Hurricanes and Tornadoes Past Present
- Why we should not fear nuclear power.
- Nuclear Graveyards Abound with Life
- What About Humans and Nuclear Radiation?
- Radiation Basics They Should Teach in High School
- How Woke Racism is Killing Education
- What PISA Scores Reveal About Immigration
- Deranged California Teacher Obsesses Over Race
- Lack of Ability is Not Systemic Racism
- Chicago Schools Ruined by Racial Diversity
- Michigan Muslim-Black Problem in Education
- Electronics, Nuclear Reactors, Applied Science
- Electronics and Technology Built at Home
- Crackpot Biochemist Predicts End of World
- Paul Ehrlich Crackpot Entomologist Predicts Mass Starvation
- Dissecting Al Gore's Book Earth in the Balance
"Religion" to me is a system of thought, not a particular belief. See My Answer to a Secular Fundamentalist The earth was not created in 1979. There are extensive historical records, hundreds of years of thermometer records, mountains of proxy, and other data under the study of earth science.
Typical Climate Hype
The Canberra Times Sep. 26, 1988, Threat to islands
MALE, Maldives: A gradual rise in average sea level is threatening to completely cover this Indian Ocean nation of 1196 small islands within the next 30 years, according to authorities. The Environmental Affairs Director, Mr Hussein Shi said an estimated rise of 20 to 30 centimeters (11.8 inches) in the next 20 to 40 years could be "catastrophic" for most islands, which were no more than a meter above sea level. The United Nations environment Project was planning a study of the problem. But the end of the Maldives and its 200,000 people could come sooner if drinking water supplies dry up by 1992, as predicted. — AFP
Using rich collections of Landsat imagery, this study analyses changes in land area on 221 atolls in the Indian and Pacific Oceans. Results show that, between 2000 and 2017, the total land area on these atolls has increased by 61.74 km2 (6.1 %) from 1007.60 km2 to 1069.35 km2.
Since 2000, the Maldives have added 37.50 km2 of land area, while 16.57 km2 of new islands have appeared within the South China Seas Spratly and Paracel chains.
This wasn't supposed to happen.
Ocean Currents Control Climate
During the Cambrian Explosion (541 to 485.4 MYA), when complex life exploded onto the scene (including corals, etc.), the atmosphere may have been as high as 10,000 PPM CO2 as opposed to ~400 PPM today. The oceans were not "acid," and life did just fine. The fact we are here proves that.
Giant camels that once lived in the Arctic.
Click for larger image.
Related see Mastodons Roamed Greenland 2 Million Years Ago
Holocene Treeline History and Climate Change Across Northern Eurasia
Published online by Cambridge University Press: 20 January 2017
Ref. https://doi.org/10.1006/qres.1999.2123 Abstract:
Radiocarbon-dated macrofossils are used to document Holocene treeline history across northern Russia (including Siberia). Boreal forest development in this region commenced by 10,000 yr B.P. Over most of Russia, forest advanced to or near the current arctic coastline between 9000 and 7000 yr B.P. and retreated to its present position by between 4000 and 3000 yr B.P. Forest establishment and retreat was roughly synchronous across most of northern Russia.
Treeline advance on the Kola Peninsula, however, appears to have occurred later than in other regions. During the period of maximum forest extension, the mean July temperatures along the northern coastline of Russia may have been 2.5° to 7.0°C warmer than modern. The development of forest and expansion of treeline likely reflects a number of complimentary environmental conditions, including heightened summer insolation, the demise of Eurasian ice sheets, reduced sea-ice cover, greater continentality with eustatically lower sea level, and extreme Arctic penetration of warm North Atlantic waters. The late Holocene retreat of Eurasian treeline coincides with declining summer insolation, cooling arctic waters, and neoglaciation.
Note the following images. None of this was in the computer models.
- Expanding plant growth due to higher CO2 levels
- Comparison of tree growth with higher CO2 levels. CO2 is plant food.
- Increased grain production from 1971 to 2018 by 50%.
My other websites are as follows:
- www.bristolblog.com Skeptic Site
- www.bristolwatch.com Electronics Tutorials
- www.sullivan-county.com Religious History, Appalachian issues
- Origin of Socialist Identity Politics
- Critical Race Theory is Irrational
- Postmodernism Attacks Reason, Science, and Culture
- Critical Review Regressive Liberalism
- Oikophobia the Liberal Mental Disorder
- Education Ruined by Diversity Racism
- Michigan Education Ruined by Diversity
- Baltimore Schools Another Diversity Failure
- Michigan Proves Merit Based Immigration Needed for Muslims
- California Merit Based Immigration Needed for Hispanics
- Black Boys Can't Read in California
- Debunking Liberal Race Mythology
- Slaves Never Built America - Slavery Ruined the South
- Inconvenient Truth Black Slavery, Lynchings in the U.S.
- Majority of Poor Americans are White
- Posted 9/16/2022 at Bristolblog.com:
- Diversity Destroyed Aurora Colorado Schools
- Cricket Store worker attacked by Black Male (Video included)
- Why Do EPA Scientists Oppose Public Disclosure?
- Why Public Disclosure is a Right
- 84% of Americans Fear the Government for Good Reason
- Mechanism Not Spiritualism the Basis of Science
- Eocene Epoch Versus Modern Climate Hysteria
- Example of Applied Reason with Electronics
- What is Actualism in Earth Science? Australia Drought
- Who are the Smartest Countries? Nobel Prizes Tell the Story
- Green Technology Highly Polluting, Environmentally Destructive
- Get Back to Earth Science
- Fall of the Late Roman Empire
- End of the Vikings in Greenland
- Lost Colony of Roanoke Island
- Whale Fossils Show Ice Free Arctic
The following links are how I built my own Geiger counter plus more earth science. My home state of Virginia has some of the largest uranium reserves in the United States.
- Geiger Counters and Radioactivity
- Getting Real About Radiation Myths and Hazards
- Uranium Hype-Facts and Virginia Uranium
- Climate Change and Volcanoes
Definition of irrationalism - a system of belief or action that disregards or contradicts rational principles.
If one believes gender is not based on biology, you are mentally ill and irrational. Just so you understand:
Definition of a women: adult biological female.
Definition of a man: adult biological male.
This fact of biology is immutable, can't be changed regardless of surgery, drugs, or social science babble.
An ignorant Federal judge has proclaimed gender dysphoria, a mental illness, is a new protected class.
The same crazies promoting transgender mythology are demanding we refer to pedophiles (child molesters) as "minor attracted people."
They too will become another protected class while we mutilate and drug children for them to prey on.
This will end.
The US Military crippled by "Woke" irrationalism can't win wars, so get in on the climate hustle.
Quick navigation of my homepage:
- Electronics Hobby Projects What's New?
- Assorted Essays on Religion
- Deism and Reason
- Judaism History
- Christianity and History
PuTTY terminal program for Linux, Windows
Exploring Digital Computer Electronics
This is an offshoot of my website Hobby Electronics. That site was oriented towards building hardware projects such as H-Bridge motor controls or microcontroller circuits with Arduino, Picaxe, and Microchip PICs.
While touched on at my other site, this is dedicated to computers and related electronics. Reusing older computers or what I call "upcycle". What software to use and when. Learning computer hardware. Connecting computers to actual hardware. To use an old computer as a super microcontroller.
A computer as I define it is a complete system usually consisting of a motherboard and attached peripherals - printer ports, serial ports, plug-in cards such as wireless and video, USB ports, external memory, etc. It is a system.
Review older computer mother boards and explain aspects of software and hardware - how they come together.
What can I do with them? Running lite versions of Linux, we can learn programming - python, C/C++, bash files, set up various desktops such as Openbox, Fluxbox, PEKWM, and JWM.
Compile and create C programs to operate hardware connected to printer ports or build a complete plug-in card.
These subjects were touched upon with Raspberry Pi on my electronics website. They apply equally here. See the following:
- Main Light Fast Linux Desktops with Openbox, JWM
- Test Reuse Surplus PC Power Supplies
- Add WBAR Launch Dock to Raspberry Pi
- Add MPG123 Terminal Music Player to Raspberry Pi, Linux
- Basics of Alsamixer Audio Control for Linux
- Add Solid State Hard Drive to Raspberry Pi
- Beep a PC Speaker Add Beeper to Raspberry Pi
- Using FEH Wallpaper Setter Under Linux
- Scrot Lite Weight Screen Shot Software for Linux
- Using Light Weight Beaver Text Editor
- Install Viewnior Image Viewer for Linux
- Zmixer ALSA Sound Control Tutorial
- Tutorial Xinitrc Desktop Manager Control for Linux
- Setup Raspberry Pi Using JWM Window Manager
A microcontroller often refers today to single board controllers built around a single integrated circuit with internal memory, IO, etc. An example is the control panel on your microwave oven.
Fig. 1 shows an example PIC microcontroller from Microchip Corporations. There are likely hundreds of variations. See my earlier projects. These are done in assembly.
- PIC12F683 Microcontroller Projects
- Microchip PIC16F84A H-Bridge Motor Control
- Microchip PIC16F628A Basic H-Bridge Motor Control
The above video at the top of the page is an example. Learn about computer hardware and how it has changed. To fix, salvage, program vintage machines. Reusing an older system means less e-waste, easier learning curb, and low cost. A lot of us can't afford the latest and greatest.
That 20-year-old Presario still does a lot even with some versions of more modern Linux. I used it for streaming audio, word processing, software design, etc. Yes, it can even operate a CNC machine. The one in the video I got for free.
- Off Site:
- Web Master
- Tri-Cities VA-TN
- General Science
- Hobby Electronics
- US Constitution
- Christianity 101
- Religious Themes
Web site Copyright Lewis Loflin, All rights reserved.
If using this material on another site, please provide a link back to my site.