Home built Geiger counter project.
Electronics, Nuclear Reactors, Applied Science
My interest is applied science and technology. That is what I will cover moving forward.
In Southwest Virginia, there is a discussion of placing small modular nuclear reactors in the region. I have a section on Geiger counters and even built my own.
Virginia has one of the larger uranium reserves in the US. They have blocked mining it because of pollution concerns. I can't blame them. But we constantly offshore pollution in the name of climate change.
We need to replace most fossil fuels. We have the ability right now to replace all coal, natural gas, and bio-fuels for electricity today. Windmills and solar panels are a massive waste of resources, leaving millions of tons of toxic waste from manufacturing and mining.
I'll be exploring issues on nuclear reactors they could place in Southwest Virginia. I'll present the material in more layperson's terms. We have, I'd estimate, one million tons of potential nuclear fuel in storage we can use without creating more pollution mining it in developing countries.
The dangers of nuclear radiation are overblown. It occurs naturally in the environment, our blood is radioactive, and sites where nuclear testing and reactor meltdowns have become nature preserves. These areas are full of plants and animals.
Environmentalists oppose the only viable solution to reducing CO2 because CO2 has never been the issue. They want to remake society by promoting some Green Eden mythology or outright communism. Often a combination of both.
Too many consider any artificial substance dangerous to the natural world, so pristine nature is the intrinsic good. Some introduce spiritual and religious aspects into this. Some go as far as viewing humanity as evil, placing untouched nature above human welfare.
Artificial sources of radiation are no different than natural sources. The claim is any radiation exposure is deadly. This claim has been disproved.
It is provable because millions live in areas with high natural background radiation levels with no measurable ill effects. We are immune to low-level sources, natural or artificial.
I'm not going into how most environmentalists are evil. But far too many extremists occupy government and academia. Their positions are incoherent and contradictory, even anti-human. And they hurt the environment.
Let us explore real-world examples.
- These links are on my electronics website.
- My Geiger Counter Project
- CD4047 Monostable Multivibrator Circuit
- Geiger Counter and Radioactivity
- Introduction to Geiger-Mueller Counters and Electronics
- Getting Real About Radiation Myths and Hazards
- Uranium Hype-Facts and Virginia Uranium
- Uranium Basics and Isotopes
- Climate Change and Volcanoes
- Observing Nature in the Real World
- Venus was Never Like Earth Science is Never Settled
- Mastodons Roamed Greenland 2 Million Years Ago
- Present Global Warming Began Circa 1800
- Dissecting Critical Climate Theory
- $1.5 Trillion Climate Change Industrial Complex
- Climate Change Cover for Spiritual & Social Revolution
- Corporate Welfare Grifters Climate Non-Crisis
- When Mythology Replaces Science
- Facts on Hurricanes and Tornadoes Past Present
- Why we should not fear nuclear power.
- Nuclear Graveyards Abound with Life
- What About Humans and Nuclear Radiation?
- Radiation Basics They Should Teach in High School
- How Woke Racism is Killing Education
- What PISA Scores Reveal About Immigration
- Deranged California Teacher Obsesses Over Race
- Lack of Ability is Not Systemic Racism
- Chicago Schools Ruined by Racial Diversity
- High scoring low-income students are white and Asian
- Michigan Muslim-Black Problem in Education
- Electronics, Nuclear Reactors, Applied Science
- Electronics and Technology Built at Home
- Off Site:
- Web Master
- Tri-Cities VA-TN
- General Science
- Hobby Electronics
- US Constitution
- Christianity 101
- Religious Themes
Web site Copyright Lewis Loflin, All rights reserved.
If using this material on another site, please provide a link back to my site.