What is Actualism in Earth Science?
The verifiable fact is droughts are common in Australia and caused by cyclical changes in ocean currents. It is true of Australia and North America. These currents always vary to some degree, making computer models predict future trends impossible.
It is also impossible to link this to human activity in the real world. These various currents, such as El Niño, are also poorly understood.
The 800-year claim is speculation. Weasel words like "may" should be the first clue. They present some verifiable facts with a hypothesis to promote an assumption. Doing a study that concludes "we don't know" won't get you a government research grant.
Too many laws and regulations depend not on facts or measurements but limited data and opinions. Computer models replace data and proper testing.
Peer review today is a joke. Too much money, politics, and feelings have invaded science.
Climate change properly belongs under earth science and geology. We must observe the process of Actualism.
"What is Actualism in geology? Actualism in geology is the idea that the facts of geology can be explained in terms of the sort of physical processes that actually happen."
That excludes hypothetical computer models used as fact. If the process occurred in the past, then it is safe to assume it still applies today. We have had the present "global warming" since ~1850 and "climate change" for 4.5 billion years- a verifiable fact.
The refusal to factor in earlier identical events is scientific misconduct.
For example, claiming a current drought in the American Southwest is caused by CO2 is speculation and politics. The same events occurred regularly in the last century.
Scientists have identified 13 major drought episodes - when 10 percent or more of the country is in drought - that affected the United States between 1900 and 2014...The three longest drought episodes occurred between July 1928 and May 1942 (the 1930s Dust Bowl drought), July 1949 and September 1957 (the 1950s drought), and June 1998 and December 2014 (the early 21st-century drought). Each of these drought episodes covered 60 percent or more of the contiguous United States at its peak and lasted 99 months or longer.
Australia is another case in point. It suffers bad droughts all the time.
The continent usually is arid. Recent wildfires have caused climate hysteria, the press claiming Australia is in a new standard - permanent drought.
Again not true. As of 2022, no part of Australia is in drought. A simple Google search reveals the above.
Again quoting the www.thelancet.com Vol 385 April 11, 2015, Richard Horton wrote the following:
The case against science is straightforward: much of the scientific literature, perhaps half, may simply be untrue. Afflicted by studies with small sample sizes, tiny effects, invalid exploratory analyses, and flagrant conflicts of interest, together with an obsession for pursuing fashionable trends of dubious importance, science has taken a turn towards darkness...
Nowhere is this more true than so-called climate change.
Government money poisons research.
Refusal to follow the scientific method is widespread.
Computer models replace measured data. They even manufacture data to fit the hypothesis. That is fraud.
Environmentalism is a social science, not hard science.
- Posted 9/16/2022
- Why Do EPA Scientists Oppose Public Disclosure?
- Why Public Disclosure is a Right
- 84% of Americans Fear the Government for Good Reason
- Mechanism Not Spiritualism the Basis of Science
- Eocene Epoch Versus Modern Climate Hysteria
- Example of Applied Reason with Electronics
- What is Actualism in Earth Science? Australia Drought
- Crackpot Biochemist Predicts End of World
- Crackpot Entomologist Predicts Mass Starvation
- Crackpot Press Falsely Blames CO2 for Great Lakes Water Level Changes
- Who are the Smartest Countries? Nobel Prizes Tell the Story
- Green Technology Highly Polluting, Environmentally Destructive
- Get Back to Earth Science
- How Modern Liberals are Traitors to Liberalism, Are Racists
- Hate Crime-Industrial Complex Debunked
The following are how history was altered by climate.
- Fall of the Late Roman Empire
- End of the Vikings in Greenland
- Lost Colony of Roanoke Island
- Whale Fossils Show Ice Free Arctic
The following links are how I built my own Geiger counter plus more earth science. My home state of Virginia has some of the largest uranium reserves in the United States.
- Geiger Counters and Radioactivity
- Getting Real About Radiation Myths and Hazards
- Uranium Hype-Facts and Virginia Uranium
- Climate Change and Volcanoes
- Article List
- Liberals Wage Racial Warfare
- Intelligence Predicts Economic Social Outcome
- Why Many People Shouldn't Get a 4-Year Degree
- How Progressives Ruin Education
- Michigan Education Ruined by Diversity
- Origins of Socialist Racism
- Critical Race Theory is Irrational
- Western-American Culture is Superior - Get Over It
- Scientific Advances Built on Western Culture
- Baltimore Schools Another Diversity Failure
- Black Boys Can't Read in California
- Off Site:
- Web Master
- Tri-Cities VA-TN
- General Science
- Hobby Electronics
- US Constitution
- Christianity 101
- Religious Themes
Web site Copyright Lewis Loflin, All rights reserved.
If using this material on another site, please provide a link back to my site.