Traffic violations lead to recovery of 2 stolen vehicles in 6 days
According to Washington County TN Sheriff Ed Graybeal, Investigators with the Washington County Sheriff's Office Criminal Interdiction Unit stopped a 1996 Oldsmobile, yesterday, after witnessing a traffic violation. The stop occurred on Taylor Bridge Road in Jonesborough.
The driver, a 15 year old juvenile, exited the vehicle and ran on foot leaving his 13 year old, work glove wearing, accomplice sitting in the vehicle. A records check revealed both juveniles were reported as runaways from a State Home in Greeneville, TN.
A check of the vehicle revealed it had been stolen from the Camp Creek area of Greeneville and that the owner had not realized it was missing until Washington County deputies contacted them following the stop. The juvenile driver was picked up a short time later at the Lamar Washington County EMS station.
On the 11th of May the Washington County Criminal Interdiction Unit attempted to stop a 2006 Dodge Stratus near the intersection of Highway 81 south and Highway 107. The vehicle fled and was found abandoned on A.J. Willis road in Jonesborough. A records check revealed the vehicle had been stolen from Johnson City.
Inside the Stratus Interdiction Investigators discovered electronics, camping gear, tools, fishing tackle, all of which had been stolen from Johnson City, Jonesborough, Washington County areas. The items inside the vehicle were returned to victims from 6 different burglary/ theft incidents through Washington County/ Jonesborough/ Johnson City area.
Investigators are looking for a person of interest in this incident: Andy Jones; age 38; formerly of 140 Tittle Circle in Jonesborough; Jones is also wanted for 3 outstanding warrants: 1 Felony and 2 for Failure to Appear.
Anyone with information of the whereabouts of Jones is asked to contact the Washington County Sheriff's Office at 423-788-1414, where your name can be kept confidential.
These investigations are ongoing with more charges pending. May 18, 2012
- Meth Lab Bust Yields Three Arrests
- Feral Black Males Wreak Havoc at Waffle House Restaurants
- Billy Moore Killing in Portland
- Terrified Victim of Brick Attack Speaks Out
- Feral Black Female Stabs/Kills Man Over $5
- Three Feral Blacks arrested in strip club killing
- Man asks black teens to quiet down, gets assaulted
- Black Teenager Murders Father in Front of Children
- Six Black Males Kill Chinese Immigrant for Fried Rice
- Teenager Murders Mother of Two Over Speeding Comment
Last is most recent.
Mexican Crimewave in Johnson City
Local Crime 1 Local Crime 2
Local Crime 3 Local Crime 4
- East Tennessee - Bristol Methamphetamine Epidemic
- Press Releases Johnson City Police October 2012
- Press Releases Johnson City Police November 2012
- Press Releases Johnson City Police December 2012