Defining Fake News What to Watch For
by Lewis Loflin
I define "fake news" as articles designed to create false, biased, narratives with partial facts filtered through a Progressive filter, censor pertinent facts by omission, block discussion through editorial censorship, that is ideologically slanted, and designed not to give facts, but stoke emotion and sway public opinion.
This skirts the fringes of propaganda and yellow journalism.
I don't believe they mean to do this or it is some conspiracy - they report from their cultural perspective.
Journalist Bart Hinkle noted in his article "How to weed out 'fake news'" presents good examples. After the Trump inauguration, The New York Times ran a series of articles on Jewish cemeteries being desecrated trying to tie President Trump to white supremacy and anti-Semitism.
Two high profile cases turned out to be a disgruntled black ex-journalist and another a disgruntled Israeli Jew. Other Jewish writers had been pointing out this problem existed long before Trump ever came along. To quote Bart,
"Yet The Times largely ignored or downplayed it until January 2017 - leaving the dangerous impression that anti-Semitism is contingent on U.S. presidential politics, rather than a persistent virulence unto its vile self."
As for press bias, Mr. Hinkle writes,
"It is not true that the media are 'out to get' one side or the other. The reality is actually worse: Many in the media have no clue to how biased they really are. Newsroom stylebooks don't dictate that reporters refer to 'the gun lobby' but never to 'the abortion lobby', for example. Newsrooms just tend to have far more sympathy for the latter than the former."
Likewise, they tend to be far more interested in fear-mongering stories about the harm from too little regulation than from too much of it."
He rightly warned "about fear-mongering about the fake news itself." Ref. Bristol Herald Courier April 28, 2013.
The problem originates from indoctrination in our elite colleges. Intentional or not there is a rigid almost fascist control of language and culture on campus censoring alternate viewpoints. This is enforced sometimes with outright violence from radical students prodded along by radical administrators.
The Washington Post (May 6, 2014) reports 7% of journalists vote Republican. Politico (4-25-2017) noted most journalists are concentrated in massive Blue enclaves that voted 30% or more for Clinton over Trump.
That includes both newspaper and internet publishing. With the increasing censorship by Google, Facebook and Twitter going hard Left, diversity of any opinion is becoming impossible.
This includes, for example, Boston where the racial income disparity is shocking. A Fed study showed the net worth of Blacks at $8 while whites had a net worth of almost $250,000 - they voted 6 to 1 for Hillary over Trump.
They have nothing to do on any real level with those outside their income brackets, class, and yes race. This is totally political and social isolation from most of the country - regions whose lifestyle and values they despise and look down on.
There is particular disdain for lower income and blue collar whites.
This precludes any rational or realistic discussion Islam and Muslims. I'll address that problem in three separate essays.
- Defining Fake News What to Watch For
- Democrat Identity Politics Spreads Muslim Religious Violence
- Climate Change Another Excuse for Muslim Religious Violence
- Muslim Violence from Muslim Religious Cults
- Black Criminals not Shooting Unarmed Black Men the Problem
- Crime Explodes Pubs Close in London
- Turkish Alevism is Not Islam
What do UN climate experts say about climate change?
"Basically, it is a big mistake to discuss climate policy apart from the big issues of globalization. The climate summit in Cancun (Mexico) at the end of the month is not a climate conference, but one of the biggest business conferences since the Second World War ... But one has to be clear: we are effectively redistributing world wealth through climate policy. One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. This has almost nothing to do with environmental policy..."
Bartender and New York Democratic socialist Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez says:
"Fighting climate change will be 'the civil rights movement of our generation' It's inevitable that we will create jobs. We can use the transition to 100 percent renewable energy as the vehicle to truly deliver and establish economic, social and racial justice in the United States of America."
I take them at their word.
- New January 2019:
- Climate Change Excuse for Religious Violence
- Understanding Earth Science and Climate Change
- >Debate Changes in Plants With Climate
- Grain Production Miracle Debunks Climate Alarmists
- U.S. Reduces CO2 Emissions
- Promoting Human Genocide for Gaia
- NASA Infiltrated by Nonsense
- Climate Cult Ignore Positives Their Models Never Predicted
- Climate Hype Hides Science Illiteracy
- Political Polling isn't Science
- 150 Million Won't Drown by 2100
- Climate Change Dogma About Money
- Congressional Bartender on Science
- Marijuana Increases Violence
- Tibet Tree Ring Study Foretells Modern Warming
- Tuvalu Atolls Debunk Sea Level Hype
- My other website:
- Ecology Debunked
- Nature's End? Hardly
- Intuitive Wisdom of Organic Gardening
- Environmentalism Versus Reason
- Common Sense Environmentalism
- Growing Up Under Armageddon Any Day
- Ecology as Environmental Socialism
- Fall of the Late Roman Empire
- End of the Vikings in Greenland
- Lost Colony of Roanoke Island
- Whale Fossils Show Ice Free Arctic
- Climate Change and Volcanoes
- Getting Real About Radiation Myths and Hazards
- Uranium Hype-Facts and Virginia Uranium
- Uranium Basics and Isotopes
- Climate Change, Climate Scams, and Volcanoes
- Progressive Gnosticism
- Earth Science Technology
- Diversity Racism
- Black Crime and Violence
- Waffle House War Zone
Quick navigation of my homepage (offsite):
- Electronics Hobby Projects What's New?
- Assorted Essays on Religion
- Deism and Reason
- Judaism History
- Christianity and History
Web site Copyright Lewis Loflin, All rights reserved.
If using this material on another site, please provide a link back to my site.