Gas Pipeline Along Cove Creek Road
by Lewis Loflin
Click any thumbnail above for a larger picture. Pictured above is the Cove Creek section of Washington County and Scott County down from my house. Controversy has arisen over plans to use hydraulic fracturing to recover natural gas in the my county. The wells for these particular facilities are in Scott County while the compressor station, small green tank and discarded tires are in Washington County. Much of the pipeline is in/along Cove Creek. The facilities have been around since at least the early 1990s.
While I have little use for the ecology religion, I do believe the County (and country) is jumping into this too fast with no public input. On the other end some on the "Greenism" left simply opposes all development based on ideology and religion, not science or reason. The energy industry too spews out a lot of misinformation and outright lies. These gas wells will not reduce dependence in foreign oil and will produce few if any jobs for local people.
This for me came up when I saw a public showing of "Gasland" a piece of nonsense propaganda. It was used by local Greenies to push their so-called "carbon free" utopia. The only problem their global warming hysteria has been utterly discredited. Here we are on May 18 and the temperature was only 52 today, 20 degrees below normal.
A few things to note in the photos. Notice a junk refrigerator in the creek. Local creeks are often full of trash and discarded appliances, etc. Also note the cattle mess polluting the creek. That has done far more damage than anything I can document from the gas operation other than the junk tires which may not be theirs.
- Deflating Gasland the Movie
- Washington County Virginia Tea Party versus the Greenie Party
- Congressman Morgan Griffith of Virginia Nails Climate Scientists
- Tea Party Protests Republican Morgan Griffith!
- Broadband Disconnect in Blackwater Virginia
- Glade Spring Virginia in Pictures and Pork
- Report from Meadowview, Virginia
- Main Listing of Electronics Projects:
- My YouTube Channel on Electronics
- Raspberry Pi & Linux
- Arduino Micro-controller Projects
- General Electronics Projects
- Microchip PIC18F2550 in C++
- PICAXE Micro-controller Projects
- How I got into Electronics